Bowstead & Reynolds on Agency is the essential reference source for commercial practitioners. Part of the long-established Common Law Library, this new edition updates all relevant aspects of law and how they relate to agency agreements, including contract law, administrative law, tort, commercial/company law, the law of property and the conflict of laws.
The 23rd edition has been fully updated to take account of all developments in agency, including new text on:
- implied limits to actual authority and onus of proof of authority;
- sub-agency, and agent’s rights to indemnity;
- vicarious liability;
- and undisclosed principals.
The text has been updated with all key cases, including:
- Wood v Commercial First Business Ltd  EWCA Civ 471 on bribes and secret commissions
- Law Debenture Trust Corp Plc v Ukraine  UKSC 11 on capacity, actual and apparent authority
- Philipp v Barclays Bank UK Plc  UKSC 25 on actual and apparent authority
- Barton v Morris  UKSC 3 on scope of quantum meruit for services by agent
- Barclay-Watt v Alpha Panareti Public Ltd  EWCA Civ 1169 on agent’s liability for misrepresentation and joint tortfeasance
- And new cases from Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on ProView then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.