The Law of Private Equity Funds: A Global Perspective is a comprehensive guide to the law concerning the structure, management and operation of private equity funds on a global basis. This title is concise, highly readable and practical in approach, and the first of its kind to be published.
This title addresses important topics such as the typical structure of United Kingdom and United States private equity funds, the principal terms of a private equity fund, the legal regimes which govern private equity funds in most of the main offshore and onshore fund domiciles in Asia, Europe and the United States, and an overview of the principal UK and United States regulatory considerations for private equity funds.
The Law of Private Equity Funds is a mine of information for lawyers in private practice, general counsel and those who are merely curious about this complex industry which now commands so much attention from investors, governments and regulatory authorities worldwide. Key chapters include:
- The typical structure of English and United States private equity funds
- The principal terms of a private equity fund
- The regime enshrined in the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive
- The regime which governs private equity funds in jurisdictions such as the Cayman Islands, China, England, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg and Singapore
- UK public policy considerations which are relevant to private equity funds
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.