The Law of Mortgages
is a comprehensive explanation of the law and practice concerning mortgages and related court proceedings. Every type of mortgage agreement is covered whilst detailing the rights and duties of the parties involved, examining areas of dispute between mortgagors and mortgagees and setting out available remedies. It also describes the procedures for amending and transferring mortgages.
This new edition brings the text up to date with all the latest legislative and case law developments.
- All-encompassing coverage of the law of mortgages
- Deals with every type of mortgage agreement, clearly stating the principles applicable to each
- Identifies and examines the areas of dispute between the parties involved and the remedies available under the mortgage and in court proceedings
- Considers the defences and claims commonly raised by the mortgagor in actions brought by the mortgagee
- Covers the different forms of security
- Analyses the key mortgage-related case law arising from the market collapse of 2007/2008 concerning liens
- Considers the Financial Services Act 2012, which provided a new framework for financial regulation in the United Kingdom, together with a plethora of associated regulatory reforms
- Draws on the many legislative changes in the regulatory landscape providing for consumer protection, and the regulation of consumer credit, such as the changes enshrined in the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and the Mortgage Credit Directive Order
- Written by Edward Cousins (Francis Taylor Building), Ian Clarke QC (Selborne Chambers), Stuart Hornett (Selborne Chambers) and Nick Broomfield (4 New Square)
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.