Casebook on ContractFor over 60 years, Smith & Thomas has been the leading casebook on the law of contract, providing all the material necessary for an in-depth study of the area. The work uses substantial case extracts combined with authoritative explanation to provide readers with an understanding of the principles of contract law. As in previous editions, both historical and contemporary cases are discussed to illustrate the key elements of contract law. In addition, Smith & Thomas contains all relevant material including key statutory material and law commission reports.
New for the Fourteenth Edition
- Recent cases highlighting the resetting of the commercial law of contract, including Arnold v Britton  UKSC 36, Marks and Spencer plc v BNP Paribas Securities Services Trust Company (Jersey) Limited  UKSC 72, Wood v Capita Insurance Services Ltd  UKSC 24, Morris Garner v One Step (Support) Ltd  UKSC 20, Patel v Mirza  UKSC 42, Cavendish Square Holding BV v Makdessi  UKSC 67, and Peninsula Securities Ltd v Dunnes Stores (Bangor) Ltd  UKSC 36
- Consideration of the latest jurisprudence on good faith in cases such as Sheikh Tahnoon Bin Saeed Bin Shakboot Al Nehayan v Kent  EWHC 333 (Comm); and the related development of relational contracts in Bates v Post Office Limited  EWHC 606
- New chapter on where, after Brexit and with ‘smart contracts’, the law of contract stands in 2021
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
CLEAR. CLEVER. CONCISE
This title is also available on Westlaw UK, so that you can access it anywhere, anytime.
Having online access to the books you trust through Westlaw UK can add a whole new dimension to how you work with the commentary and guidance found across the breadth of our titles.
Westlaw UK's smart navigation, links to primary law in combination with the expertise within our portfolio of books providing you with a seamless, coherent, and integrated research experience every time you need to refer to the text.
Having access to your book through Westlaw means:
Enhanced contents pages
- Find what you’re looking for with ease, with content displayed clearly in easy-to-read tables
- Print, download or email entire chapters or sections using tick boxes by content sets
- Choose the way you view content sets with collapsible and expandable sections
- Everyone has access, at all times
Links to primary law
- Jump directly to the authority you need with links to cases, legislation and journals
You can print/download/email
- Print, download and email your documents quickly, for use offline or to share with colleague
Access chapter PDFs
- Download chapters as they appear in print, ready for presentation in court
- Download whole supplements to a main edition in PDF, ready for court
PDF supplement navigation
- Browse PDFs with ease using navigational aids and links within the document
- Browse directly to the letter you wish to search, without having to navigate long documents
- View tables of cases and legislation referred to it the text sorted alphabetically, and link directly to them
- View footnotes alongside the text and avoid the need to refer to the end of documents
Call 0345 600 9355 or contact us to find out more.