Holiday Law: The Law Relating to Travel and Tourism, considered to be the leading text on holiday law, provides a comprehensive guide to the law as it relates to all forms of holidays. Its broad coverage of the subject includes the nature of the contractual relationship between tour operator, civil liability and the effects of insolvency and examines the travel industry and looks at the agencies that regulate the industry.
The law relating to holidays, travel and tourism has developed significantly over the last few years to reflect the changes in the way that people are buying their travel services and the way that travel companies are selling them. New regulations seek to extend protection to more travellers and the courts are dealing with more diverse claims as travellers look to enforce those rights and travel companies seek clarification on their responsibilities.
Holiday Law provides comprehensive guidance to the law as it relates to different forms of holiday and travel, including package holidays and independent travel.
- Clearly laid out and well-written
- Easy to read and invaluable guide to the complexities of the law
- Provides the student with a grounding in the legal system before they delve further into the actual substantive law
- Provides a breakdown of the legal system including its courts and functions
- Provides the student with an understanding of the industry and its various regulatory bodies
- Examines the scope of the Regulations and definitions, highlighting what is and isn’t covered
- Explains the various ways in which a travel agent can be liable
- Practical Litigation: what you can expect from the court system and practical tips on conducting a litigation
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.