From Student to Solicitor is the definitive guide to becoming a solicitor in England and Wales. Written in a clear and engaging style, this book takes you through the academic, vocational and practical stages of the process, with tips and advice throughout. The author draws on her own experiences and on interviews with solicitors, recruitment managers, law lecturers, careers advisors, students, and trainee solicitors, to provide a real insight into the realities of a career as a solicitor, together with up-to-date and targeted recruitment advice, and practical guidance on the recruitment process.
New to this edition:
- Coverage of SRA Training Regulations 2014 and SRA Training for Tomorrow reform programme
- Development of legal apprenticeship schemes
- New chapter on brand development and social media
- Extended guidance on commercial awareness
- New case studies from solicitors in practice
- Extensive practical advice on how to sell your experiences to recruiters and how to develop effective responses to questions on application forms and during interviews.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the cross-platform app custom built for legal professionals, students and researchers.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: