Provides readers with a rigorously structured analysis of the institutional structure of the EU, its jurisdiction, its legal instruments and the main substantive principles underlying EU law.
- Develops a detailed overview of EU substantive law and of the effect the various sources of EU law have within the legal order of every Member State
- Outlines the main elements of the Lisbon Treaty
- Explores the concept that the constitutional character of EU law is not limited to its "administrative law" aspects
- Includes references to case law and legislative developments as well as to academic literature in the major European languages
- Covers significant developments in the EU, including the many changes brought about by the ratification of the Treaty of Lisbon
- Contains examples, diagrams and tables to help readers grasp complex processes and retain information