Marsden and Gault forms part of the highly respected British Shipping Law Series. It serves as an in-depth guide to the specialist and self-contained area of Collision and Loss in maritime law examining recent cases and convention developments. The 15th edition, edited by Professor Andrew Tettenborn and John Kimbell QC, has been updated not only in substance, but in arrangement, instigating a more modern and clearer structure. The commentary proceeds seamlessly from navigational fault and the interpretation of the Collision Regulations, towards special liability regimes and pollution and throughout the remainder of the text.
New to this edition
- Comments upon how Brexit relates to the jurisdiction of the Admiralty Court
- Provides fresh commentary on the Admiralty Court’s procedural rules and practice
- Covers the Supreme Court decision in Evergreen Marine UK v Nautical Challenge (2021) on the application of the Collision Regulations
Key cases covered include:
- Arrest, for instance, Deutsche Bank v MV Sertao (2018) and The Alkyon (2019),
- Limitation in The Cape Bari (2017) and
- Damages in The Hanjin Shenzhen (2014)
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: