Commercial Law in Scotland, a highly regarded resource now in its 6th edition, is designed to fit perfectly with the way in which commercial and business law is taught in Scottish universities and is the primary student text on the subject. The expert author team, drawing from extensive academic and practical experience, continues to hone the text in line with student needs and developments in the field.
Key updates for this new edition include:
- Expanded treatment of Real Rights in Security and Cautionary Obligations, both topics now having dedicated individual chapters
- Analysis of extensive new case law in the field of personal insolvency law
- Discussion of recent Inner House partnership cases which tackle the repercussions of the Scottish partnership’s separate legal personality
- Updates on English case law at Court of Appeal level on the definition of agent, and the agent’s fiduciary duties
- Discussion of the first case to consider the consumer’s right to reject goods under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- Analysis of prospective legislative changes to take account of the end of the UK’s transition period following its departure from the EU, particularly in the field of E-Commerce
- Discussion of the first cases to be decided in Scotland under the Insurance Act 2015.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today:
If you’re interested in firmwide or multiple user access to this title on Proview then please contact us directly to discuss what options are available.