Thomas’ Sentencing Referencer
gives authoritative guidance on over 100 different sentencing orders, principles and topics, using a practical A-Z layout for easy navigation and quick answers in and out of court.
The 2019 edition has been revised to incorporate the latest sentencing developments from both statute and case law. This new edition provides updates to most sections including Attorney General’s references, Goodyear indications and the “slip rule”. Also included are updates to the community order and suspended sentence order sections in relation to ongoing pilot schemes and new guidance on the imposition of extended sentences from the decision of a five-judge court in R. v Thompson  EWCA Crim 639. Additionally, there is new guidance in relation to forfeiture and deprivation orders from the Senior Presiding Judge and important guidance on the imposition of prohibitions under a sexual harm prevention order and their interaction with notification requirements.
The 2019 edition:
- Includes a reference to statute, case law, Sentencing Council Guideline or Practice Direction for each proposition contained within the book.
- Details almost all the sentencing orders available to the courts, setting out the key points and the conditions which must be satisfied prior to their imposition, with guidance from case law where appropriate.
- Emphasises the dates from which particular provisions apply.
- Features a table setting out the key points in relation to all minimum sentences, including the departure tests and guilty plea reduction availability and extent.
- Contains sections which are structured chronologically, with the text arranged in the order in which the issues are likely to arise during proceedings.
- Directs readers towards more extensive analysis with cross-references to Archbold and Current Sentencing Practice.
- Includes details of all sentencing guidelines and the date from which they were in force.
- Sets out details of the offender of particular concern order with new guidance from the Court of Appeal.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: