Service Charges and Management
provides comprehensive coverage of the law relating to service charges and the management of commercial and residential leasehold, freehold and commonhold property. It identifies the types of dispute which occur most frequently and provides detailed advice on dealing with them.
Designed to be used as a practical manual, the book uses worked examples to give step by step advice valuable to practitioners and the residential property tribunals. It suggests remedies for both landlord and tenant and gives a structured approach to getting the best outcome for your client, outlining the separate procedures involved in tribunals, courts and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Written for use by solicitors, counsel, surveyors, managers, landlords and tenants
- Helps practitioners identify potential issues and problems at an early stage and the best means of avoiding and dealing with them
- Detailed commentary on the latest case law
- Management issues covered include the appointment of manager, acquisition orders and the acquisition and exercise of the right to manage
- Provides the practitioner with all the information they need in one useful volume – ideal for use before the courts and tribunals for disputes arising out of service charge and management issues
- Considers the use of all forms of ADR in service charge disputes, including negotiation, mediation, arbitration and adjudication
- Supported by extensive appendices including forms, precedents, statutes and SIs
- Widely used by practitioners and the judiciary in the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) in England, the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal in Wales and in the Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber)
- Detailed analysis by expert team at Tanfield Chambers – a leading set in all aspects of commercial and residential real estate litigation and ADR with a speciality in property management and service charge issues