The Journal of Planning and Environment Law is published monthly, and provides a guide to recent and forthcoming developments in planning law, environmental law, compulsory purchase and related areas. It is widely known as a leading forum for informed discussion and debate on planning and associated issues.
Regular content includes current topics, articles, correspondence, parliamentary and departmental news, case law reports, summaries of cases, ministerial planning decisions and a stop-press bulletin.
A special 13th issue, which is published in December each year, contains the papers delivered at the annual Oxford Joint Planning Law Conference.
- Forthcoming issues of the Journal will provide expert commentary on and analysis of the following areas:
- The revised National Planning Policy Framework (February 2019) and its treatment in the courts
- Revisions to the Planning Practice Guidance (notably to viability and housing needs assessments)
- Amendments to EU-derived environmental and planning laws flowing from the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (and in particular the Environmental Principles Bill required to be published by the Secretary of State under s.16 of the 2018 Act).
- Decision taking post the Supreme Court’s judgment in Suffolk Coastal DC v Hopkins Homes Ltd
- Progress with the Airports National Policy Statement and commentary on the six legal challenges filed by a number of London and South East authorities, a rival promoter Heathrow Hub, Friends of the Earth, Plan B (and environmental campaigning charity), as well as by two litigants in person
- Implications for plan making and decision taking arising from the Air Quality Plan for NO2
- Review of the Welsh Government’s project to develop a new planning code