The new 3rd edition takes into account the changes in 2006 and 2007 affecting foreign domiciliaries, reverter to settlor and new arrangements involving the family home and chattels. It also covers the new options for Inheritance Tax planning following the 2006 changes to Inheritance Tax and Pre-owned Assets Tax.
- Explains the law relating to pre-owned assets tax and how it works in practice
- Shows what mitigation strategies can be implemented on portfolios already containing IHT avoidance plans and how to deal with old schemes in the light of recent develop
- Shows what strategies to use now to avoid POAT and reservation of benefit on future arrangements
- Considers in particular the family home and chattels
- Includes planning strategies, examples and precedents
- Analyses the Pre-Owned Assets Tax problems for foreign domiciliaries resident in the UK
- Uses diagrams, flowcharts, worked examples and calculations to describe situations