Data Protection Strategy provides a commentary on the essential issues for controllers and processors: the need for compliance and the practical steps in involved in formulating a cohesive and effective data protection policy within an organisation. It is fully revised to reflect the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
The structure of the book enables a complex subject to be grasped easily and is ideal for both busy practitioners and those new to the subject. You’ll find a wealth of hands-on guidance, checklists and precedent material to help you establish data protection compliance.
- Provides clear analysis of the essentials of the legislation
- Covers the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018
- Examines when personal data – and special categories of personal data – can be processed
- Looks at the key roles in data protection
- Details the consequences of compliance failures, including criminal charges and the Commissioner’s powers, now much enhanced by the GDPR and including a power to impose fines of up to 4% of global revenue
- Outlines the structure of data audits: how to prepare for an audit, the audit itself and its aftermath
- Explains compliance with the new principles of transparency and accountability and the new rules on processing of children’s data
- Looks at technological challenges such as BYOD, cookies, tracking technologies and email monitoring