Sealy & Milman: Annotated Guide to the Insolvency Legislation is widely regarded as the definitive work for those advising on insolvency law and is regularly cited in court. This annual handbook in two volumes provides annotated commentary and clarification on the legal and practical implications of the latest insolvency legislation, whether in Acts of Parliament, Statutory Instruments, or relevant Practice Directions, and on the relevant case law.
- Provides clear, annotated commentary and clarification on the legal and practical implications of current insolvency legislation
- Incorporates sources of both corporate and personal insolvency law
- Reproduces additional statutes and regulations so that all the information needed is in one reliable source
- Volume 1 contains in-depth explanations on the main core legislation, including the Insolvency Act 1986 and the Insolvency (England and Wales) Rules 2016 as amended
- Volume 2 features the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986, the recast EU Regulation on Insolvency Proceedings 2015/848 and the Cross-Border Insolvency Regulations 2006. It also includes the text, in whole or part, of 28 Acts, over 58 Statutory Instruments and a number of practice directions
Selected key changes in the 23rd edition
- Considers, among many other updates, the recent cases on appointment outside court hours and the issues that can arise
- Includes the Chancellor’s practice note on how court clerks will process appointment applications made out of hours
- Explains the latest position on Brexit and the new SIs on the operation of the EU Regulation during the transition phase
- Updated introduction to the Scottish rules, written by leading Scottish insolvency academic Donna McKenzie-Skene.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: