Now in its 5th edition, this comprehensive guide provides a lucid and wide-ranging account of the English legal system. Widely regarded as the leading work on this subject, Smith, Bailey & Gunn on The Modern English Legal System:
- Covers the institutions, personnel and procedures, and the handling of case law and statutes
- Details key legislative developments, including changes resulting from the Constitutional Reform Act 2005, the Criminal Justice Act 2003, the Courts Act 2003, the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005, the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, the Criminal Defence Service Act 2006, the Police and Justice Act 2006, the Tribunals, Court and Enforcement Act 2007, the Legal Services Bill 2007 and the Solicitor's Code of Conduct 2007
- Analyses key case law including landmark cases such as A v Secretary of State, Leeds City Council v Price, and R (Jackson) v Attorney General
- Covers other important developments such as the impact of the accession of a large number of countries joining the EU, the further consolidation of the Woolf Reforms, the growth in significance of ADR, the Law Society’s Training Framework Review, and continued pressures on publicly funded legal services
- Includes sample court forms, tables of essential statistics and flow charts illustrating the court structures
Transform the way you work, with eBooks on ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the cross-platform app custom built for legal professionals, students and researchers.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like.
- Search the entire text by keyword
- Jump to related content via hyperlinks
- Add your own notes, bookmark key pages and highlight important passages
- Email, print and share the text
- You don't need to be online to access your eBooks
- Your entire library and personalised features are backed up
Learn more about Thomson Reuters ProView
View titles available on Thomson Reuters ProView
You may only order one eBook per title online; to order multiples of eBooks, contact our customer services team or your Sweet & Maxwell Account Manager.