Expert Evidence: Law and Practice is a comprehensive survey of the law, practice and procedure relating to the admission of expert evidence in courts, tribunals, official enquiries and other proceedings (including arbitration).
It gives detailed guidance to those involved in the pre-trial preparation of expert evidence or the presentation or questioning of it in court.
This new edition incorporates the continuing impact of the new approach towards expert evidence introduced by the Civil Procedure Rules and Criminal Procedure Rules. It also explains the implications of important recent case law.
- Covers expert evidence in both civil and criminal proceedings
- Sets out general principles and deals with their application in specific contexts
- Provides guidance for pre-trial preparation of expert evidence, including issues such as bias, privilege and confidentiality
- Deals with every aspect of the expert witness in court
- Goes through methods of cross-examining experts
- Considers methods of proof, dealing with psychiatric evidence, land and building valuation, forensic sciences, actuarial, accounting and market research evidence, and evidence with a mathmatical element
- Discusses the rules that apply in specific fields of litigation, such as medical reports in personal injury cases, patents, construction claims, proceedings involving children and drink driving cases
- Looks at tribunals not covered by the strict rules of evidence
- Quotes in full all important statutory provisions and rules of the court
Transform the way you work, with eBooks on ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like.
- Search the entire text by keyword
- Jump to related content via hyperlinks
- Add your own notes, bookmark key pages and highlight important passages
- Email, print and share the text
- You don't need to be online to access your eBooks
- Your entire library and personalised features are backed up
Learn more about Thomson Reuters ProView
View titles available on Thomson Reuters ProView
You may only order one eBook per title online; to order multiples of eBooks, contact our customer services team or your Sweet & Maxwell Account Manager.