Researching and tracing information is an essential skill that students need to master if they want to succeed both in their legal studies and in their future careers. A practical guide to effective legal research, this new edition presents the information on a step-by-step format leading students through the world of legal research both in a law library and researching online.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- A practical guide to researching, tracing and understanding legal information, including UK, EU and ECHR materials
- Helps users find the material they need with the minimum of effort, and to use it with confidence – essential skills for every law student
- Presents the information in a step-by-step format, leading the reader through the world of legal research from using a law library to searching online
- Includes coverage of current awareness websites and legal blogs, including Westlaw UK, Lexis Nexis Professional, BAILII, Europa and TSO
Uses examples from Law Reports, Acts, Halsbury's, Current Law, Hansard and European materials from the Official Journal, Eur-Lex and the European Court of Justice
- Contains Tip Boxes highlighting important points to remember
- Appendices include Abbreviations list of Reports, Series and Journals, Summary of Sources for English Law, Online Sources of Scots, Northern Ireland and International Law
“ … an extremely useful addition to any undergraduate’s or postgraduate’s learning support toolkit. The book is an absolutely essential purchase for any University Law Library and it should be recommended widely to students.” Legal Information Management
Transform the way you work, with eBooks on ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the cross-platform app custom built for legal professionals, students and researchers.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like.
- Search the entire text by keyword
- Jump to related content via hyperlinks
- Add your own notes, bookmark key pages and highlight important passages
- Email, print and share the text
- You don't need to be online to access your eBooks
- Your entire library and personalised features are backed up
Learn more about Thomson Reuters ProView
View titles available on Thomson Reuters ProView
You may only order one eBook per title online; to order multiples of eBooks, contact our customer services team or your Sweet & Maxwell Account Manager.