Now in its seventh edition, Hague on Leasehold Enfranchisement remains the definitive source on the law and procedures to follow for enfranchisements involving houses, collective enfranchisement of flats and the individual right to a new lease.
The authors expertly guide the reader through all the major legislation including the Leasehold Reform Act of 1967, Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and subsequent legislation in full. Precedents and worked examples are also included and statutory material can be found in the appendices, so the reader knows precisely what the law requires and what necessary action to take.
The seventh edition incorporates the sixth edition supplements plus analysis of the numerous important cases decided since the 6th edition was published in 2014. New material since the third supplement alone includes:
About the mainwork:
- Aldford House v Grosvenor , an important Court of Appeal guidance on the definition of 'flat'
- LM Homes v Queen Court , the Court of Appeal decision on common parts and roof top leases
- Freehold Properties 250 Ltd v Field , the High Court judgment on 'house' excluding roof
- Consensus Business Group v Palgrave Gardens Freehold , an important High Court decision where number of blocks were built above a car park
- Hague’s practical approach guides the reader through the process of acquiring the freehold from qualifying premises, tenancies and persons to terms of acquisition and valuation
- Covers all major legislation including the Leasehold Reform Act 1967, Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and subsequent legislation in full
- The authors analyse the major decisions and apply them to the principles of the law and practice
- The book aims to clarify common problems and offer clear insight into the practical application of the law
- This highly regarded text is frequently cited in court
- The authors’ lucid style and structure means the book is suitable for lawyers, landlords or tenants
- Contains a full complement of precedents further assisting the busy practitioner
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: