Since the last edition, the strict application of the “good working rule” in Shelfer’s case in rights of light cases has provoked a backlash first from the Law Commission and then from the Supreme Court.
The twentieth edition:
- summarises and discusses the recommendations of the Law Commission in their report “Rights to Light” (Law Com No.356).
- analyses the decision of the Supreme Court in Lawrence v Fen Tigers.
- contains a new treatment of section 62 of the Law of Property Act 1925.
- has a revised Chapter on water rights.
- includes the latest case law on gates.
- incorporates all the recent significant cases in the United Kingdom and Commonwealth jurisdictions.