Winner of the 2019 British Insurance Law Association (BILA) annual book prize
Construction Professional Indemnity Insurance is the definitive practitioner reference for all those involved in construction projects, from contractors to employers, architects to insurance brokers. Covering the effects of the Insurance Act 2015 and complementing Construction All Risks Insurance, these are the two titles all construction insurance professionals need.
- Covers all aspects of Professional Indemnity (PI) Insurance for construction professionals
- Uniquely covers the effect of the Insurance Act 2015, which will have come into force by August 2016
- Describes the nature of PI and the role of the construction professional in a construction project, including the regulatory requirements that necessitate PI
- Includes a focus on contract formation, with particular reference to the Insurance Act 2015
- Includes a practical guide to each part of a PI policy, from the basics of cover to all aspects of indemnity
- Discusses in detail and interprets the terms of construction PI policies giving expert advice and analysis for drafting the various clauses and describes the law behind it
- Explains the claims procedure itself including a detailed breakdown of the process and problems that may arise
- Includes analyses of how policies are affected in different jurisdictions, including Scotland, Commonwealth and U.S.A.
- Covers PI clauses as related to JCT, FIDIC and NEC contracts, providing relevance for both domestic and international construction projects
- Includes example policy clauses and other precedent materials for easy reference
- Builds on the practical and expert analysis of Paul Reed QC, whose uniquely readable style has gained many followers from Construction All Risks Insurance