The new edition of this leading work offers a comprehensive treatment of jurisdiction and arbitration agreements in commercial contracts, and the enforcement of consequent judgments. It incorporates discussion of the latest cases and changes to international conventions, alongside practical advice on the problems that can arise in the field.
Features of this new edition include:
- Gives detailed guidance on the validity, scope, construction and incorporation of jurisdiction and arbitration agreements into contracts
- Offers detailed advice on how to resolve problems that can arise in the enforcement of agreements
- Looks at all aspects of enforcement, from the grant of stay to injunctive and declaratory relief and an action for damages
- Contains precedents relating to anti-suit injunctions and declaratory relief
Includes coverage of multi-tier resolution clauses
- Considers the decisions of English and European courts in this field since the previous edition
- Includes a detailed exploration of the revised Brussels I Regulation in force from December 2014, discussing its meaning and implications
- Covers precedents arising from implementation of the 2010 Lugano Convention
- Features an expanded section on interim relief granted by arbitral tribunals covering the latest jurisprudence in investment treaty arbitration
- Discusses the issues from both EU and common law perspectives, ensuring the work is relevant to those practicing in a wide range of jurisdictions
COMING SOON AS AN eBOOK ON THOMSON REUTERS PROVIEW™
This title will also publish as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™.
Custom built for legal professionals, ProView™ lets you connect and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like.
To order call 0845 600 9355, email TRLUKI.firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact your Sweet & Maxwell Account Manager to place your order.
CLEAR. CLEVER. CONCISE
This title is also available on Westlaw UK, so that you can access it anywhere, anytime.
Having online access to the books you trust through Westlaw UK can add a whole new dimension to how you work with the commentary and guidance found in across the breadth of our titles.
Westlaw UK's smart navigation, links to primary law and powerful functionality in combination with the expertise within our portfolio of books gives you a seamless, coherent, and integrated research experience every time you need to refer to the text.
Having access to your book through Westlaw means:
Enhanced contents pages
- Find what you’re looking for with ease, with content displayed clearly in easy-to-read tables
- Print, download or email entire chapters or sections using tick boxes by content sets
- Choose the way you view content sets with collapsible and expandable sections
- Everyone has access, at all times
Links to primary law
- Jump directly to the authority you need with links to cases, legislation and journals
You can print/download/email
- Print, download and email your documents quickly, for use offline or to share with colleague
Access chapter PDFs
- Download chapters as they appear in print, ready for presentation in court
- Download whole supplements to a main edition in PDF, ready for court
PDF supplement navigation
- Browse PDFs with ease using navigational aids and links within the document
- Browse directly to the letter you wish to search, without having to navigate long documents
- View tables of cases and legislation referred to it the text sorted alphabetically, and link directly to them
- View footnotes alongside the text and avoid the need to refer to the end of documents
Call 0800 028 2200, email email@example.com or contact your account manager to find out more.