Save 10% on your books or supplements with a Standing Order
- Save money - Get 10% off new editions and supplements. (5% off supplements to a single edition)
- No hassle - Select the titles of your choice. We’ll send you the new editions and supplements automatically when they publish
- No obligation - You can change or cancel your standing order titles at anytime
- Satisfaction guarantee - Standing order books and supplements are sent under our 30-day satisfaction guarantee
It’s the perfect way to make sure you have the information you need, and make a valuable saving – with no hassle for you.
Set up your standing order today or call 0845 600 9355
Comprehensive coverage of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) and related World Trade Organisation (WTO) agreements.
Modern GATT Law explains clearly and thoroughly the rules of GATT and connected provisions in other WTO treaties, whilst also examining the case law interpreting and applying these rules.
Now a two-volume work, Modern GATT Law features all the information you need.
- Provides comprehensive, Article-by-Article analysis of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)
- Explains thoroughly the provisions of the Agreement, together with detailed examination of the case law based on it
- Addresses the legal, economic, business and political aspects of each provision of GATT
- Examines, for each Article, the relevant business issues, explains the meaning of the Article, discusses all interpretative and adjudicatory decisions, and explores alternative theoretical underpinnings
- Analyses every interpretive note to GATT, as well as the WTO understandings on the various GATT Articles
- Highlights grey areas, conflicts between Articles and unresolved problems, clarifying the points at issue
- Goes in detail through the case law that has arisen since the inception of GATT
- Incorporates important new WTO cases, such as the Brazil Retreaded Tires and China Auto Parts cases
- Considers important recent antidumping cases
- Looks at the impact of the Doha Round
- Introduces important new legal research on trade and cultural products, on waivers, and on trade and morality
- Deals with the latest controversies about country-of-origin marks and about food security