A Practitioner's Guide to Investment Banking is a complete guide to the regulation of investment banking activities, helping you to understand how changes to the UK financial regulatory systems affect your organisation and your responsibilities - and how to remain compliant with UK, European and international regulations.
The new 3rd edition covers the most important developments since the publication of the previous edition in 2006.
- Covers all the latest regulatory developments to impact investment banking activities, including the Banking Reform Bill; Basel III; MiFID II, Dodd Frank; the Market Abuse Directive Review
- Deals with all types of investment banking transactions including equity captial markets, derivatives, loan markets and short selling
- Explains how the new UK regulatory structure and the role of the Prudential Regulation Authority impact investment banking
- Covers the practice impact of the Banking Reform Bill and the ring-fencing of retail banking operations
- Includes guidance on the impact of the Dodd Frank Act outside the US
- Advises on key areas of compliance such as governance, client assets, market abuse and confidentiality
- Includes chapters from some of the foremost banking and finance regulatory practitioners in the UK