Whether you're checking details during drafting, or deciding on the
correct course of action, Chitty on Contracts leaves you in no doubt on
the right direction to take.
INSIGHT INTO CASE LAW
Since 1826, Chitty on Contracts has provided complete insight into contract law – allowing you to establish the responsibilities, obligations and entitlements of each party and achieve the best outcome for your client. Whenever you draft a contract, Chitty offers expert interpretation of the legal position, ensuring you have taken every eventuality into account. And as you negotiate with the other party you can check that you aren't missing anything vital, using Chitty to back up your arguments.
FREQUENTLY CITED IN COURT
By providing you with the depth of insight you require, you can confidently cite Chitty in court. You'll find Chitty covers every commercial situation with specific sections on a range of contracts from agency to consumer contracts.
EXPLAINS THE PRINCIPLES
Chitty has it all covered: the formation of contracts, the capacity of parties, terms, illegality and public policy, joint obligations, third parties and assignment, performance, discharge, remedies.
You'll be able to establish the responsibilities, obligations and entitlements of each party and achieve the best outcome for your client. In-depth chapter contents headings and the index mean that you'll be able to quickly find the right section and paragraph you need.
WITH CHITTY YOU'VE GOT CONTRACT LAW COVERED:
- Encompasses every part of contract law
- Offers lucid interpretation of the law to help you when disputes arise
- Incorporates extensive reference to relevant legislation and cases
- Is your most trustworthy reference when drafting, negotiating and disputing contracts
- Analyses recent cases and legislation
- Contains interpretation and analysis of the general principles which apply to all contracts (Volume 1)
- Concentrates in-depth on contracts in specialist areas, with expert guidance on contracts from agency and bailment to sale of goods and suretyship (Volume 2)