Bowstead & Reynolds on Agency
is the essential reference source for commercial practitioners. Part of the long-established Common Law Library, this new edition brings together all relevant aspects of law and how they relate to agency agreements, including contract law, administrative law, tort, commercial/company law, the law of property and the conflict of laws.
The 21st edition covers the role of agent and principal and offerings explanation, advice and interpretation that will give you a better understanding of the law.
New for this edition:
- Chapter 1: new material on nature of agency; amendment of material on application of agency law to companies with breaking up of material into separate paragraphs accordingly;
- Chapter 2: new material on capacity and authority of agent to contract with self on behalf of principal; revision of material on the relevancy of illegality to agency;
- Chapter 3: considerable new material, including on the nature of actual authority and the effect of dishonesty in an agent; the power of a principal to continue to act despite appointing an agent;
- Chapter 5: some elaboration of points arising with sub-agents.
- Chapter 6: recasting of material on agent’s duties to comply with mandate and instructions; effect of illegality as between principal and agent; new material on disclosure and consent in relation to conflicts of interest; new material on circumstances in which an agent holds property on trust for the principal; rewriting of material on compensation for breach of duty; new material on fiduciaries’ positive equitable duties; new material on self-dealing and fair-dealing; new material on duties owed to separate principals;
- Chapter 7: new material on uncertainty in agents’ remuneration entitlements; forfeiture of remuneration; commissions on renewal; rights to indemnity; rights of attorney to remuneration;
- Chapter 8: new material on apparent authority; imputation of an agent’s knowledge
- Chapter 9: new material on agents’ liability for breach of warranty of authority
- Chapter 10: new material on power of principal to terminate agent’s authority.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: