As the leading textbook on the law of tort, Winfield & Jolowicz on Tort is a definitive and all embracing guide to the subject.
- Centred firmly on English law but covers significant developments in Commonwealth countries, and where appropriate European systems of tort law
- Covers all key areas of tort law so students don’t have to refer to a number of different textbooks
- Includes extensive use of case citations
- Covers developments including those in causation; liability of public authorities; human rights and tort law; the development of privacy and the "Reynolds defence"; and the recasting of the economic torts
- Analyses key case law including Barker v Corus; Jameel v Wall St Journal; Mitchell v Glasgow CC; OBG v Allan; and Rothwell v Chemical & Insulating Co