This new looseleaf provides a detailed description of the law and practice relating to designs law in the European Community. It acts as a companion to Sweet & Maxwell's Community Trade Mark Handbook, and contains all the background materials and tools needed to understand and use the Community Design Regulation.
The work takes a 'how to' approach, taking the reader through all the various stages of registering a Community Design. Each section begins with an executive summary and a content outline, followed by the detail. The commentary is procedural-based, and also includes references to UK-specific and international considerations.
- An authoritative guide to Community designs law, 'hand holding' the reader through the detailed procedure
- Practical focus - every angle of practice and procedure is covered
- Includes procedural checklists and case studies to aid understanding and compliance
- Annual updates ensure readers are kept up to date with all developments are covered, e.g. new case law and OHIM procedural changes
- An official CITMA/CIPA publication, with all the authority that signifies
- Forthcoming updates to the Handbook will see new and revised material in the chapters on:
- Examination: Admissibility and Amendments, Subject-matter and Morality
- Duration and Renewal of Registered Community Designs
- Restitutio in Integrum