Archbold authority for the magistrates' court.
Bringing you the authority, trust and reassurance you would expect from Archbold, but designed specifically for the magistrates' court, Archbold Magistrates' Courts Criminal Practice 2017 arms you with all the expertise you need to successfully practice in the magistrates' court.
- Covers all criminal matters dealt with in the magistrates' court
- Follows a chronological order, so that you can find the information you need quickly
- Gives you the law and procedures from those who really understand how it works
- Provides practical guidance on substantive law, showing what the prosecution must prove, defences and sentencing for each offence
- Includes full citation of authorities from statute and case law which can be cited in court
- Features specialist coverage of youth courts, with guidance on proceedings and the regime for vulnerable witnesses
- Sets out how to deal with mentally disordered offenders, showing what special arrangements apply
- Contains flowcharts, procedural checklists, core statutory material, Codes
- Rules and Practice Directions for ease of reference
- Ensures portability with a one-volume format, ideal for court use
Archbold Magistrates’ Court Criminal Practice is authored by a multi-disciplinary team of expert practitioners with a wide range of experience of magistrates’ court work. General Editor, Barbara Barnes, is a District Judge with 20 years experience in the Magistrates’ Court.