Built on the wealth of practical, commercial and legal experience accumulated by the authors, Hudson’s Building and Engineering Contracts provides a comprehensive update on the law and interpretation of construction contracts.
Frequently cited in court Hudson’s is written in a clear and accessible way, providing guidance to the practical and commercial realities of construction projects to all those who work in the industry.
This second supplement to Hudson on Building and Engineering Contracts 13th edition, covers all key developments since the first in 2016.
- An in-depth explanation and interpretation of the law relating to construction contracts
- The issues arising from the provisions in common use in bespoke contracts and in all key standard construction contracts
- The leading UK cases, significant and illuminating cases from commonwealth jurisdictions, and important decisions not reported elsewhere
- Influential discussions of significant construction law problems
- The ambiguities and technicalities often arising over interpretation and application of contracts.
Additionally, the second supplement to Hudson on Building and Engineering Contracts 13th edition, reports on several key cases and developments, including:
- A continued discussion from the first supplement on how the Court of England and Wales have continued to treat exclusion clauses with less suspicion, in reference to Taberna Europe CDO II Plc v Selskabet (formerly Roskilde Bank A/S), and further cases reported or footnoted here.
- Examines the Supreme Court reversal of the Court of Appeal decision in MT Højgaard A/S v E.On. A case that raised the possibility that absolute obligations for fitness for purpose would be limited or excluded in a contract where there was a skill and care obligations for the design of the same component.
- Various new cases on adjudication, and on miscellaneous topics including misrepresentation, deceit, contributory negligence, notices, repudiation, extensions of time, and bonds.
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.
Purchase this title as an eBook to start reading today: