Built on the wealth of practical, commercial and legal experience accumulated by the authors, Hudson’s Building and Engineering Contracts provides a comprehensive update on the law and interpretation of construction contracts.
Frequently cited in court Hudson’s is written in a clear and accessible way, providing guidance to the practical and commercial realties of construction projects to all those who work in the industry.
• An in-depth explanation and interpretation of the law relating to construction contracts
• The issues arising from the provisions in common use in bespoke contracts and in all key standard construction contracts
• The leading UK cases, significant and illuminating cases from commonwealth jurisdictions, and important decisions not reported elsewhere
• Influential discussions of significant construction law problems
• The ambiguities and technicalities often arising over interpretation and application of contracts
New to this edition
• Extended treatment of restitution and quantum meruit
• Extended and revised discussion of certificates
• New analysis of quality obligations
This First Supplement to Hudson on Building and Engineering Contracts 13th edition, reports on several key cases and developments:
• Discusses the decision of the Court of Appeal in Transocean Drilling UK Ltd v Providence Resources Plc, the Arctic III as an important restatement of the principle of freedom of contract in relation to exclusion clauses, which reverses the trial judge’s decision refusing to give effect to an exclusion clause.
• Examines the decision of the Supreme Court in relation to implied terms, in Marks and Spencer PLC v BNP Paribas Securities Services Trust Company (Jersey) Ltd and another.
• Gives commentary on recent PFI cases such as the UK case of Portsmouth CC v Ensign Highways Ltd, and recent cases on performance and on demand bonds
Also available as an eBook on Thomson Reuters ProView™
Thomson Reuters ProView™ is the iPad app custom built for legal professionals like you.
Using ProView means you can connect to and interact with the content you rely on in new ways, wherever and whenever you like. Find out more about ProView.